The Epic Rivalry from Smallville ~ The Review Stew
The Review Stew Home Contact Me About Me Blogroll/awards PR Guidelines Advertise Disclosures

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Epic Rivalry from Smallville


I have recently got hooked on Smallville, a show based on the superhero Clark Kent.

In my opinion, one of the most iconic rivalries in TV and comic book history is the rivalry between Clark Kent and Lex Luthor.

It is my favorite rivalry because it is the most classic love-hate relationship. Clark and Lex started out as friends in the earlier seasons but their relationship starts to crumble as Lex starts to get jealous of Clark's family and even his past relationships, especially Lana Lang and even tricks her into marrying him!

You really see the history between the two characters in the Zod episode (Season 6, Ep. 1) when Lex's body is taken over by General Zod, a Kryptonian military leader, and he kidnaps Lana Lang. Clark Kent and Lex/Zod battle it out and Lex gains the upper hand. As the classic rivalry unfolds, the good guy Clark is commanded to his knees and is told that if they join forces, he will spare the human lives which Clark cares about. However, as every great hero, Clark Kent wins over evil and beats out Lex/Zod's evil schemes again!

I love the evil vs. good rivalry between Clark Kent and Lex Luthor because it involves love, family, and above all Good topping Evil!!

Relive the epic battles and the iconic rivalries with the the Smallville: The Complete Series http://amzn.to/jHmwmX Includes 62 discs, never before seen production art and behind the scenes photos from the set!





* I have been hired by Warner Bros WBWord division to raise awareness for the Smallville DVD release*

1 comments:

Minoaka Mama said...

I agree the rivalry between Clark Kent and Lex Luthor is epci! Smallville has done such an awesome job in molding their friendship into the ill fated rivalry we all know. Even though I knew it was inevitable, I still had hopes for them to be friends! It would've been cool and I'm so sad that it's ending...