Put On Your Crown Book Review ~ The Review Stew
The Review Stew Home Contact Me About Me Blogroll/awards PR Guidelines Advertise Disclosures

Friday, April 30, 2010

Put On Your Crown Book Review


I have always loved Queen Latifah. I think she is an honest, funny woman who is comfortable with who she is and is not afraid to admit it. So when I saw she had a new book out, I was so excited to read it. This book, "Put on Your Crown - Life Changing Moments on the Path to Queendom" is modeled after Maria Shriver's Just Who Will You Be and the goal of the book is to help young women build a strong sense of self-esteem.

This book was divided into seven chapters of attributes and life changing moments such as success, beauty, money, love, fear, loss, strength, and joy. Then each chapter goes into depth about how to deal with each one and how to achieve those things.

My Opinion
This book was very well written and I really liked reading about Queen Latifah's life and how she became who she is today. She also gives great advice in each chapter of her book about how to be a strong person and stand up for who you are and what you believe in.

I think this book would be great for young teenagers trying to figure out who they are and what they want to do with their life, but also for any lost adults too!

Pros: Easy to read, broken up nicely by chapters and headings within the chapters, great advice, interesting lessons and stories from her life

Cons: None that I would say: I found it to be interesting and easy to read. May be better suited for a younger audience, but I am young at heart!


*Thank you to Hachette Book Group for giving me this book for review!  Disclosure - This book was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.*


4 comments:

Kris said...

Following you from MBC. Follow me back at http://nobirthcontrol.blogspot.com. Thanks!

Scarlet of Moms Wear Your Tees said...

I bet it is a good book. She is so funny! I found you on http://becomebetterbrands.ning.com and I am following your blog now!
Scarlet
http://www.momswearyourtees.blogspot.com

Jaime said...

I heard it was a good book! Thanks for stopping by my blog recently!

Tree said...

I LOVE Queen Latifah too! She's come so far from being just a rapper to an extraordinary, beautiful young woman! I will be looking for this book for sure! :)