Dr. Barry Sears, leading authority in anti-inflammatory nutrition, is the creator of the Zone Diet. He has developed this new line of Zone 1-2-3 foods using his patented ‘molecular baking’ to make foods that are commonly high in unfavorable carbohydrates healthy for consumption. With this diet in place, you can continue to enjoy the “forbidden foods” – like bread, pasta, pizza, and even brownies – without the resulting silent inflammation.
What makes us fat and keeps us fat is caused by subtle changes in our diet that have caused inflammation that affects hormonal communication. To re-establish this communication, you need adequate protein at every meal to induce satiety, to reduce the intake of carbohydrates to maintain the hormone insulin in a zone that is not too high, but not too low, and finally to dramatically lower the levels of omega-6 fatty acids in the diet to reduce inflammation.
My Opinion
I couldn't have received Dr. Barry Sears new line of Zone 1-2-3 foods at a better time! Since I have had two foot surgeries over the last five weeks, I haven't been able to exercise and I was starting to sink into an unhealthy eating pattern again and gaining weight because I was just depressed and tired!However, receiving and eating the Zone 1-2-3 foods really motivated me and let me know I didn't have to gain weight just because I couldn't exercise! I am a huge carb fan and pastas, breads, and other carbs are my favorites to eat! When I saw that I could still eat these (just with a little protein twist) I was sold! :)
In fact, the first week I ate the Zone 1-2-3 foods, I lost around 2 lbs! And to be honest, I wasn't even eating the foods as much as I could have!
However, there are definitely some pros and cons to this program! First of all, I think the program could really work if you stick with it and follow the guidelines and food suggestions! The foods really did keep me full throughout the day but it is important to remember to still eat small meals at least five times a day to keep your metabolism going! But I must say, I wasn't hungry in between meals after eating these protein packed meals!
The Cinnamon Swirl bread and the Cinnamon Bagel Chips were by far my favorite foods and I think I could have ate them everyday! I also really liked the pizza crusts and flatbread for making pizzas! They baked up great and tasted great too!
However, the rest of the breads, buns and cookies just had this underlying taste to them that kind of made me feel a little sick after eating them! The overall taste wasn't bad, but it just left a bad aftertaste or something! However, if I was one that really wanted/needed to lose weight and diet, I would definitely be able to eat them with no problem!
Another great feature is the fact that they shipped each week's food separately! That really helped you determine how much food you had for each week and look forward to receiving more of your favorites the next!
I recommend the Zone 1-2-3 diet program for all people that want to lose weight but want to do it in a healthy way while still eating tasty foods! The breads and buns weren't my favorite but there were many other great tasting foods that will really get you motivated! I loved that this diet is a two-week program and it really showed results!
Buy It: You can purchase the two week Zone 1-2-3 diet program for $179.00 on the Dr. Sear Zone Diet Website.








0 comments:
Post a Comment