Infants' and Childrens' TYLENOL Update! ~ The Review Stew
The Review Stew Home Contact Me About Me Blogroll/awards PR Guidelines Advertise Disclosures

Monday, May 23, 2011

Infants' and Childrens' TYLENOL Update!



If you are a parent (and even if you aren't) you were probably very aware of the recent recalls from TYLENOL. I know many parents are waiting in limbo right now wondering when the new Infants' and Childrens' TYLENOL products are coming out and how they have changed!

Well, I am so happy to be able to shine some light on the subject and update everyone on TYLENOL'S new product enhancements and features!

The makers of TYLENOL® will be making product enhancements to both Infants’ and Children’s TYLENOL® products. In an effort to help ensure the following enhancements are widely implemented, the company has worked closely with the Consumer Healthcare Products Association to share its plans with other manufacturers.

What’s New?
As early as the upcoming cold and flu season, Infants’ TYLENOL® will include a new, enhanced bottle with a protective opening and push-in syringe which will:
- Provide even better dosing accuracy and ease of administration to infants
- Allow for better control when dispensing the medication and reduce spillage
- Further reduce the risk of children being able to get to the medicine in the bottle

They will also be introducing enhanced bottles with the protective opening on Children’s TYLENOL® products.

In addition the new bottle, there will also be new dosing directions related to the change in concentration on Infants’ TYLENOL® as early as this upcoming cold and flu season.

Important reminders:
• It is importan to be aware that there will be a time period when both the current and new concentrations of Infants’ acetaminophen products will be available in stores and parents and caregivers might have both in their medicine cabinets.

• Be sure to read and follow the dosing directions on the product that is being used.

• Caregivers should contact their child’shealthcare provider if they have questions about dosing instructions.

So remember: look for these changes to pediatric TYLENOL® products as early as this upcoming cold and flu season.

If you would like more information on the availability of Infants’ and Children’s TYLENOL® products, please visit the Tylenol products update page.


* I wrote this post while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Tylenol and received a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.*

2 comments:

Grace Matthews said...

That is great! I wished they had those when my boys were babies.

I am actually a late hopper for The Baby Bottom Line Hop.

http://www.giveawayswithgrace.com

Kath said...

thanks for posting! i love your blog and now am a new follower! I look forward to other posts.

I just started a baby & kids gear inspiration and review blog. I'd love to have you stop by.

kathryn
www.thebusybeefamileee.blogspot.com