Alexandra Elman, founder of the company, has made a career of professionally tasting and evaluating rare and fine wines. In 1995, Elman lost her vision due to complications from diabetes: this loss helped to further hone her sense of taste and smell, allowing her palate to become extremely focused.
The inaugural portfolio features four wines from Argentina: a Chardonnay, a Cabernet Sauvignon, a Malbec and a Torrontes. Each wine was selected from sustainable wineries that respect the land, grapes and the traditions of winemaking. Alex Elman Wines are free of additives--balanced, easy to drink and accessible.
I generously received a 2009 Malbec bottle of Alex Elman wine.
As I have said before, I am a huge wine lover and the Alex Elman wine was very good! It is ruby in color and texture and had notes of cherry, candied apple and caramelized onion mingled with great tannins to make this a perfect wine for hearty stews, smoky mushrooms, spicy sauces, sausages, tomato based pastas and steaks. It is definitely a full body wine (not a dessert or sweet wine) so just keep that in mind!
However, my favorite part of all is that this wine was made with ORGANIC grapes and without additives! I absolutely love that! Not only is the wine delicious but it is made with safe, pestidide free, organic grapes! That makes it even better to me! :)
I recommend Alex Elman wine for all wine lovers and for people that love to eat organically! This wine fits perfectly with a spicy or hearty meal and it is even more special than normal because it is made with organic grapes!
Buy It: All Alex Elman wines are currently available in limited quantities and will be available nationwide in May 2011. The suggested retail price for all varieties is $12.99 and is available at select retailers and also at Super Wine Warehouse.







2 comments:
This wine sounds delicious. I will have to look around for it.
Sounds good! I'll be on the look out for it in my area :-)
Post a Comment