The Baby Sense Secret Book Review ~ The Review Stew
The Review Stew Home Contact Me About Me Blogroll/awards PR Guidelines Advertise Disclosures

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Baby Sense Secret Book Review


Baby Sense™, the international best selling line of baby care books and collection of baby care products makes its U.S. debut this March. The Baby Sense concept is based on understanding baby’s sensory world providing parents with an understanding of how to read baby’s body language and signals to respond accordingly. Kastel International, a global distributor with a specialty in the juvenile goods industry, will manage distribution and marketing of the Baby Sense brand in the U.S.

Baby Sense was founded in 2005 by Megan Faure (BSc, OT, OTR), an occupational therapist who has worked for more than a decade in the pediatrics field in several countries including the USA, UK, and South Africa. Her pioneering infant behavioral method helps to make the first few months of a baby’s life easier and more rewarding for parents and their infants.

Meg Faure’s best-selling book Baby Sense reveals that the answer to a calm and rested baby lies in understanding baby’s sensory world. Her newest book, The Babysense Secret, is based on sensory integration principles and offers parents insight to understanding how to read a baby’s body language and signals. The knowledge gained by parents will help them structure a flexible routine around their child’s needs for peaceful, easy nights and calm periods of daytime wakefulness.

In addition to the Baby Sense books, the Baby Sense product collection includes the Baby Sense Burp Cloth, Baby Sense Cuddlewrap, Baby Sense Nurture Nest, Baby Sense Feeding Shawl, Baby Sense Receiving Blankets, Baby Sense Sling and Baby Sense Summer and Winter Sleepy Sacs.


My Opinion
One thing I have learned as a new mother is that I had and have a lot to learn! I can always use advice and help from experts and other mothers!

I really wish I had this book when I had first had my son! I am actually really sad that it only covers newborns to one year because I could still use a lot of help! :) However, I am definitely going to use this book if I am blessed with another child in the future!

There are so many great features and helpful hints in this book! The first thing I noticed was how many helpful and descriptive pictures there are! This is really helpful for a visual learner like me! It really helps me understand what they are trying to say with words!

Some of my other favorite sections of this book are the "interpreting crying" section and the "sensory soothing strategies" section! These are really helpful for mothers to learn about how their babies are trying to communicate! This is one of the hardest things about the first year!

I also love how they break down the baby's first year into six section (several month sections) and describe what is happening in your baby's development those months and how to best handle all the worries and challenges of that development stage!

I recommend The Baby Sense Secret for all mothers of newborns - one year olds! Whether you are a first time mother or a veteran mother, this book is definitely helpful and a great reference through the first year!

Buy It: You can purchase The Baby Sense Secret book for $15.95 and all Baby Sense products online at http://www.kastelinternational.com/

For more information, follow Kastel International on Facebook and on Twitter



Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me


* Thank you to Kastel International for their product for review! Disclosure - This product was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.*

0 comments: