Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook: Revised and Updated Review ~ The Review Stew
The Review Stew Home Contact Me About Me Blogroll/awards PR Guidelines Advertise Disclosures

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fix-It and Forget-It Cookbook: Revised and Updated Review

I am a lazy cook and, therefore, love my Slow Cooker! :) I love to stick in my ingredients early in the day and not have to think about it again until hours later!

So when I saw that the Fix-it and Forget-it Cookbook now has a revised and updated version, I had to check it out!

The original Fix-it and Forget-it Cookbook has already sold more than 5 million copies, so the author didn't want to spoil it. Therefore, they have only added a few enhancements to this original cookbook. They added 100 new recipes for slow cooker users and brand new "Prep Time", "Cooking Time", and "Ideal Slow-Cooker Size" headings are included for each recipe. Also, they have added four pages of basic and very helpful "Extra Information", one page of tips for using the slow cooker year round, additional tips and tricks spread throughout the book, a second color - a rich purple, along with a revised, improved index, revised personal introduction by the author and her comments and voice throughout the recipes.

My Opinion
This book was always very helpful to me and where I primarily get my crockpot recipes. Now that they've learned a lot since the original, they have only made it that much better! The extra tips in the front are really enlightening and the headings for each recipe (prep time, cooking time, and ideal slow-cooker size) are really helpful, especially for a cook like me that has no originality while cooking and need everything spelled out for me! :) The new purple headings help separate each recipe from the next and the little tidbits of help from other chefs throughout the book help me out too!

I recommend this cookbook to all chefs out there who love to use their crockpot and are looking for some great new recipes of all kinds to use in their crockpot!

Pros: easy to read, great recipes, great tips, helpful headings of "prep time", "cooking time", and "ideal slow cooker size" for each recipe

Cons: Not much wrong here - it is an updated version after all! The only thing I noticed is that some of my favorite recipes are missing. But I have found many more new ones!

* Thank you to FSB media for this book for review! Disclosure - This book was given for review for my honest opinion. No other compensation was given.

0 comments: